- information automatically collected
- information you choose to provide
Information Automatically Collected
When you visit a website, certain personal information about you can be collected automatically. When you browse through our site, read pages, or download information, we collect certain information to measure how many visitors come to the different parts of the site so we can make the site more useful.
Example: We use browser information to help us design our site so the greatest number of people can view the pages correctly. This information is general in content, does not utilize your personal health or contact data (other than general demographics), and is mainly used for statistical purposes.
Information You Choose to Provide
We collect and store no other information about you when you visit our site unless you choose to provide it.Example:
- If you send us an e-mail via the web-site questionnaire, we do not automatically receive your e-mail address. However, you will need to provide it to us if you would like an e-mail response. We will receive no other personal information from your e-mail unless you provide it.
- If you submit a form on our website, we will receive only the personal information you include in the form.
- Minor's Privacy: We generally conduct clinical research studies involving volunteers over the age of 18. We collect no information from minors under 18 years of age. If a minor sends us an e-mail inquiry or comment, we will answer it, and delete the e-mail from our files.
- If we do conduct a trial where the volunteers will be under the age of 18, all contact correspondence will be with the parent or guardian.
Pacific Research Network's (PRN) Information Disclosure Policy
PRN will not disclose, give, sell, or transfer any personal information about our visitors unless it is required:
- for law enforcement reasons
Other possible uses of your information:
- We will only use personal identifying information to respond to you, in which case select administrative staff may need to see the information you provide in order to research and draft a response to you.
- With your authorization, we will enter information you send into a confidential, electronic database and refer to it for future study notification.
Note: E-mail is not necessarily secure against interception. If your communication is sensitive, or if it includes personal information such as your social security number, you can send it by postal mail instead, to the following address:
Pacific Research Network, Inc.
3003 Fourth Avenue
San Diego, CA 92103
ATTN: Dixie L. Creager, Site Director
Web Site Content
The health and medical information on our website is not intended to take the place of advice or treatment from healthcare professionals. It is also not intended to substitute for the users' relationships with their own health care/pharmaceutical providers.
Expiration of Data
Information provided and stored in the database does not expire unless state law mandates expiration, in which case this authorization will expire 40 years after the data was collected, or Pacific Research Network deems it necessary to purge outdated information from their database. You will not be notified when your information is removed from the database.